Do you need to write an effective essay but don’t know how to do it correctly? Don’t worry – you have two options.
The first one is to get an essay help service on EssaySeek.com. A writer will write a sample that you can use in his essay writing.
The second option is to use tips presented in this article. We will tell you how to write an essay correctly.
Tips for Effective Essay Writing:
1. Stick to the structure:
This is a small paper on a given topic. Its length varies from 200 to 350 words.
The exact length can be found by your teacher or in a manual. The structure includes:
- introductory part: from two to four sentences revealing the name;
- main part: several paragraphs, where arguments are given;
- final part: up to four sentences, where they summarize everything that has been said before.
It is important to define the topic here.
Since it is formulated in the title, it must be rewritten in the introduction with the help of synonyms.
Indicate all opinions on the problem; do not describe only your attitude towards it.
For the description, use neutral constructions that will indicate objectivity.
The introduction reveals the key concept and indicates which aspects will be considered.
Here the author shares their thoughts on the topic. The arguments must be given strictly sequentially.
Examples should confirm what has been said and express it illustratively.
Different opinions and judgments are required, which differ from the author’s viewpoints.
It is necessary to indicate on what points you disagree, and provide weighty evidence and examples.
All text should be divided into logical paragraphs. The last sentences serve as a smooth lead to the conclusion.
Summarize and assure that everything you say is true.
If you do not want to give a clear answer, you can answer evasively, but with an indication of the prospects and consequences of the problem under discussion.
It is advisable to end the essay with a list of ideas based on the introduction.
But do not repeat yourself; try to express the idea differently. Drawing conclusions is the hardest thing.
From them, you can understand how much you can think critically, highlight the main thing, and cut off unnecessary information.
2. Link paragraphs:
A new paragraph is a new aspect. At the same time, paragraphs may relate to different aspects but be linked in meaning.
For example, one of them will list the positive aspects of something, and the other will list the negative ones.
The first sentence is given the role of an introductory one; it tells what will be discussed next.
Introductory constructions and special linking words are responsible for connectivity, which are responsible for various functions:
- oppose: but;
- complement: in addition, similarly;
- list: then;
- give an example: for example;
- conclude: as a result.
- Use citations correctly.
If you want to confirm what was written with a quote or link, you must indicate its author and the date of publication of the source.
This applies to direct and indirect quoting.
4.Stick to the style:
Do you still know how to write an effective essay? It’s simple: you understand the material and have a clear plan with you.
The second half of success is the ability to stick to the required style.
In your paper, you use simple and light expressions, a minimum of terminology, and heavy vocabulary, and do not make mistakes.
Always be aware of the differences between spoken and written language. Add more adjectives and adverbs, as they make the text more emotional. A few more styling tips:
- stick to an academic style of writing, without pronouns, generalizations, and with a minimum of verbs;
- avoid means that are used in colloquial speech.
- be objective. Impersonal constructions, passive voice, and modal verbs will help with this;
- make sure the text is linked. Move from thought to thought smoothly.
5. Stick to the rules of a flawless paper:
The rules are the following:
- Follow the structure. It is important to immediately determine the type of paper and draw up a detailed plan. Go from point to point in the structure, so you don’t miss anything.
- Get a draft. In it, you can outline the thesis thoughts that will serve as the basis for the future text. A kind of brainstorming will help you find the right idea and draw up an essay format plan.
- Prepare for any task. Reading books, and memorizing new words will help in this matter.
- Consider the time it takes to check. Errors in the paper are not welcome, and no one reduces grades for accurate corrections.
- Choose a style. Any template is built on a semi-formal or, in some cases, formal style. You can read how these styles differ. Don’t use slang or abbreviations.
- Write to the point. Long descriptions do not work and only reduce grades.
- Argument. One strong argument is better than a dozen beautiful expressions. In addition, the arguments will confirm that you know the material.
- Connect the parts with special words. They show the contrast and sequence of thoughts.
- Experiment with vocabulary and grammar. Add in more synonyms and complex constructions that will show your level of language proficiency.
- Be correct. Move away from controversial issues (politics, religion, etc.), the discussion of which may hurt someone’s feelings. If you want to express your ideas, do it tolerantly.
- You don’t need to be categorical. Constructions like “I am sure that …”, and “I know that …” replace with “I think that …”
6.Improve your writing skills:
You can do this in the following way:
- Don’t use abbreviations.
- Avoid there is/there are constructions.
- Forget about the words “really,” “very,” and “so” for a while.
- Pay attention to the ratio of passive and active voice.
- Use strong verbs.
Stick to these tips, and you will write an effective essay. Good luck!